Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Questions Unanswered

I have this 'ugly' habit of ending conversations abruptly and continuously changing the topic to suit what I feel like disclosing or talking about. Of late this seems to have become a recurring and highly irritating problem for some of my friends. So, I thought that I'd sit down and analyse the situation. Try to figure out why this hadn't been so prominent a problem earlier......

Over the past few days the maximum complains I've received are about this. So, when I did get down to pin pointing when this occurred the most, I realised that it was brought on because of one of two things. Either because the conversation was heading towards stuff I hold really dear to me, stuff that I never really intend to disclose to anyone, or it was drifting to grounds that lay in uncharted territory for me. Of the two, the former seems to have been the one that provided me with the maximum stimuli to trigger the response. For some godforsaken reason most conversations these past few days have been in dangerous territory, territory that I don't really want any trespassing in!! Hence this sudden boom in the sector. Hopefully my clampdown will allow normal life to resume again soon.

The reason behind this post is to apologise to my friends for this reckless behaviour. And, to also warn them to not be surprised or upset if they come by such impenetrable walls again. Sorry.....

8 comments:

  1. thts alright..nothin to worry abt!! & surely u dun have to apologise for matters like this! :) chill out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a similar problem too. i talk randomly and digress like there's no tomorrow. but that's probably because my mind works too fast for my mouth to keep track. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, relax ya. You are not the only one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Monica : Thanx Mon!! For finally commenting......!!! When I say I expect comments from you all over the blog.... I hope I am not expecting too much :P???

    @Memyself_n_i : Interesting to note that you seem to identify with the problem. Do tell me about your views on my earlier post as well...!

    @Aditya Anand : Finally a comment.....!! I know I am not the only one. It's just that I thought I'd apologise for the smallest reason I can find in this problem... To find some solace in their forgiveness. Since, most people aren't and won't even be able to identify the real reason behind my 'guilt'. So, did you read the earlier post as yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!mera bhai itna mast english likhta hai..waise u shuld include ur cousins amongst ur friends..i realised tht habit of urs just now aftr talk to u .but its ok.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!mera bhai itna mast english likhta hai...u shuld include ur cousins amongst ur friends..but its ok tht habit is not very annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah yeah i agree bigtime! coz i have been a victim to this weird behaviour of urs a lot many times... urghhhhh... and u still have to end that conversation that took off on the MSN Messenger but never ended, thanx to u.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Shreeja : Thanx Sis! It really is a wonder that you hadn't noticed these abberations before. I think, Rashi might have.

    @Sensations : Do you remember what we had been chatting about? The core subject, when I decided that we were touching a topic that hit a little too close to home?? Cause if you do, then you just might be able to derive an answer to a question that I am never really going to answer.

    ReplyDelete