Monday, January 15, 2007

Life : A Journey (Part 1)

It seems to me that I have led a nomadic lifestyle, since even before I gained control over my senses....... My earliest memories seem to belong to places in the eastern part of the country, namely Danapur, Jamshedpur and Mugalsarai. My memories from these places are mainly fragments, you-know a peek here, a peek there........ There doesn't seem to be any sort of definite timeline to the events that I recall from this period of my life................ A major portion of these memories are centered around my Doberman named Toffee........ A name I had the credit of bestowing on him.......... A name that stuck with him throughout the fourteen long years of his life.
A little further along my life, my memories gain a little order, though still as fragmented as ever. These new memories are from the time spent in Goa. My Goan memories are centered, more or less around the Miramar beach there............. I have memories of strolls along the beach, fo swimming right throught the rainy season, of the the preparations for my Birthday Party being blown away by a sudden storm, of going to a school which also just happened to have been on the beach!! My life there seems to have been centered around my swimming classes, my cycling on the beach and my school................ Goa is one of the more treasured places on my list of places where I've lived..................
Next up is Vashi in Navi Mumbai, a place where I spent 4 long years of my life........... the memories from this period onwards seem more or less organised............ One could say, the Period when I finally got a hold on my "senses". The memories from this period of my life seem to have been my most satisfied ones.............. Life seems to have been a breeze, with sudden trips to the interior, or rather coastal reaches of Maharashtra, my drawing classes, karate classes etc. taking the lead..........
After this period was a minor shift in life, which left some major impact............. This shift was our shift to the subarbs, with us now living in Andheri(W)........... This is the period, when my life first started becoming a chain of coincidences. It so happened, that our shift to this new area, led to me changing my school............... This new school my parents wanted me to join required me to give an entrance exam. While giving the exam, I got 'round to talking to the the girl sitting across from me for the exam and we became friends, soon after, when we got back to the Principal's Office, we learnt that our parents just happened to be old friends!! When I finally joined school, and was travelling by the school bus, I learnt that she was there in my bus as well!!! Talking about coincidences, when I finally got to class came the biggest shock of all!!!! She was there tooo!!!!!............ It was during this phase of my life that I developed some of my most cherished friendships as well................. My experience during this stay is such as I had, perhaps, never had before (except maybe in Goa), and which I believe has left me forever prejudiced in its favour!!!
More soon......................................

2 comments:

  1. aww...u seem like sum1 who is really into adventurous stuff...trekin and all...great!..must have been fun.. was nice readin abt ur childhood..

    ReplyDelete