Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Life : A Journey (Part 2)

It's now close to a decade since I moved from Mumbai....... The City of Dreams. To me, it truly seemed to have been a dream.............. a dream with a rather harsh ending but a dream none the less........... The experiences from this phase of my life have taught me to live each day as it comes. To revel in life while I can, cause tomorrow might not be as rosy as today was.......... What I miss, perhaps miss more than anything else in my life is the quality of life that I had lead then. By quality I mean not the standard of living that I enjoyed, but rather the general environment. It was a period of my life when everything seemed to be going just right (except perhaps my Hindi and Marathi classes in School, but then, I never was any good at these languages).......... My friends from this time have been my most cherished, they have been the pillars of support in my life, the people with whom I shared more of my life, than with anyone, at any other time.
If you have been to Mahabaleshwar or Ratnagiri during the monsoons, you will have encountered the misty rains that we have there............ Instead of pouring, the rain there seems to fall like a curtain swaying lightly in a breeze. This rain, so gentle, that it totally and comletely energises a person, one seems to be in a constant state of euphoria, caused not due to the intake of some drug, but due to the caress of mother natures fleeting tickles............... This is how my time in Mumbai seemed like. I won't say that this period of my life wasn't materialistically enjoyable, 'cause it definitely was! But, I would definitely lay more stress on those moments spent in the company of my friends and family, and on those moments where the bond with nature took precedence over all others.
It was during my stay in this region that I first encountered my love for, or rather my fascination with nature, while still living in Vashi I once went on a trip to the neighbouring countryside with my best friend and his father. The trip was for us to explore the empty expanses near Belapur, at a time when Belapur had barely grown to more than a small village, quite unlike the city-styled subarb that it is today. We left our scooter at a safe spot near the road behind a couple of bushes and decided to venture out into the undergrowth on foot. This short trek left us exhilarated and me in love with the idea of going on treks. An idea that I was able to realise a little later along my life.
And here ends another installment of this really long post. Hope to venture a little further into my life on a later date.

3 comments:

  1. cool! i knew nothing about ur life. now i know everything! yippie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe...definitely "nomadic" would be a right wrd to give u..!!but hnstly,do u like shiftin places so often..? wudnt u rather stay and settle dwn in 1 place?..
    p.s-wow...stayin in Goa must have been awesome..wht wid beaches ewhr...wow..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sensations : You do? Maybe you do.... More than you think you do! And, less than you believe you do........!! Did that make any sense to you?

    @♥Μőήιсå♥ : A Nomad - That's how I generally like to think of myself......! I find myself getting restless whenever I am forced to spend more time than I want to in one city...... And, then there are days when I wish I'd always lived in just one place..... Had, people whom I'd grwon up with around me....... You know......

    ReplyDelete