Monday, January 22, 2007

A Thought..........

Today, while watching a documentary on Shahrukh Khan, I recalled a thought train, that I had lost some time back........ I've always wondered why people get snaps or autographs from celebrities they meet...... Why do people place values in these trinkets??? I'd rather cherish the experience........

In Mumbai, I used to live in an area called Oshiwara. A name which was quite unknown when I lived there, and a place that I believe has since become The place to live in. At the point of time when I lived there, I had celebrities all around me............ I mean old-time cricketer Mohinder Amarnath used to live right above my house, then we had the Roy brothers.... i.e. Rohit and Ronit Roy living across from my place, I even had Juhi Chawla living 5 minutes down the road. The area should very well have been turned into a Film City, since we used to see the shooting for one movie or the other every day...... I mean living there I met most of the big names in Bollywood. For the shoot of the movie 'One 2 Ka 4', the production team had constructed the house where Jackie Shroff lived in the movie just outside Juhi Chawla's house...... Everyday after school, my friends and me, we used to get together at the build for Bike rides with Shahrukh Khan, or we used to play around with him and Jackie Shroff, what we used to do was run around while the two of them used to try and hose us all down....... Used to be loads of fun.........

Time passes and people change............ sometimes there are new additions, while at others there are subtractions................. But its our memories that remain, and it is these that provide the basis for our identity............ Why trust them to paper and plastic that are lost in the mists of time, are over time tucked away under piles of rubbish to lose their importance............. To lose the value that we allocate to them in our life..........

7 comments:

  1. hmmmmm.....y do u write so much????

    i cant read all this.....but its gud....tht u write....hehe....main to bhool gaya likhna

    thoda kam likha kar yaar.....phir padhuunga...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog, but somehow i dont agree with you here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you why i dont agree, see because chance encounters need to have witnesses since all humans have a tendency to react wid suspicion to any claim that they may envy... or may cause awe.
    For you there were people with whom you can recount such exp.
    For others there are these trinkets and browning pieces of paper which help them re-experience the joy (or whatever feelings they had)
    Personally tho i wud be averse to collecting such memorabilia.

    PS
    not only abt witnesses :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey bro, nice blog.. Give mine a visit sometime

    adiblogs.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i donnu how much to agree and how much to disagree with u. and thats reslly cool that u ve played with srk! a big thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh god! havin ShahRukh chasin u arnd...& playin wid him...is like whoaa!!....abt the agreein & dissagreein part..umm.. i dunno..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Everyone who's replied so far : I think there's no real need for anyone to agree or disagree with me here.... Since, even I am uncertain about what I actually wanna get across over here.....

    ReplyDelete