Sunday, February 18, 2007

An Interesting Fact.........

Recently, while turning the pages of a technology magazine I came across a few interesting figures........... (More about this a little later along this post.)

I have often noticed how much more appeal and elegance a simplistic all-white page has to offer, but I still preffered to opt for this dull, black page. The reason at the time when I chose this template was the gloomy shadow following me.......... However, a couple of days ago while going through that aforementioned magazine my eyes fell across the following paragraph :

"An all-white page uses about 74 watts to display, while an all-black page uses only 59. If you do some maths, A Black Google Page could save 3,000 megawatt-hours a year - meaning $300,000 (Rs. 1.35 Crore)"

I am really fond of the simplistic Google page and I probably wouldn't change it for anything, specially not for a Black Page! To me, White represents a clarity of thought, it allows me to revel in the zest for a less complicated life. It brings clarity to everything around it, illumines the darker aspects of everything, driving them further away. But, being the pessimist that I am, it's one colour that I try not to don for any occasion, always choosing some other shade to its pure form.

It seems to represent a clash of beliefs in such circumstances, or rather, a clash of principles. But, it does give me another reason in support of my template, doesn't it??? I mean, the fact that I am saving a little of your money for you should make you a little biased in favour of me, shouldn't it??!! I really hope it does.............

4 comments:

  1. Hey dude, the amount which is Google wastes is small change when you talk in relative terms. There can be a lot of amusing things that way. Read Freakonomics (For instance the amount in billions which are spent on American Election campaigining is equal to the money people spend on Chewing Gums!)

    I did not know that my blog would be interesting enough that you go through my archives. It must have taken an herculean effort to do that, thanks. I automatically know when anyway blog, which I read regularly (I do read yours) gets updated. This is because of Feed aggregators ( I use bloglines), you would know about it if you regularly read tech. stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! now thats really ineresting. and especially its link to ur own blogpage really mesmerizes me. newaz, urs is black where as mine is white!!!! lol! god, i am making everybdy waste so much electricity!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm...i dunno abt blck rprsntin dullness & pessimism..i think thr is this whole big misconception regardin the colour blck,aftrall its just a colour!...... nyways,*cheers*..u're savin 1.35 crores! hehe!

    ReplyDelete