Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Of Life....... Craziness....... And Loneliness.......

A couple of days ago I got tired of life as it was, and decided to make some changes. One thing led to another and I ended up doing quite a few crazy things.

For a long time now I'd been contemplating shutting down my Orkut profile and taking this blog of mine off the air, last week I finally took the Orkut profile off air and set up a new one at a new address. The blog faced a slightly lenient treatment though... It just shifted base. Though I've given different reasons to different people for this bout of craziness, the actual reason has been, and is, my need to find out how many of my 170 friends and 57 odd fans there actually noticed this deletion.

A friend of mine tried very hard to convince me not to delete me Orkut profile, she tried her very best to make me see some sense, but alas her arguments didn't prove strong enough to deter me from my intentions. She told me that my decision was very stupid. And, that I'd come to regret it overtime. Today, just two to three days after having taken the momentous step regret seems to gnawing at me deeply...... Though not for the same reasons she predicted. Over the past couple of years I've grown quite fond of one of my ids , this is the same e-mail address that I use to subscribe to any and every service I use, it used to be the address which hosted my original Orkut Profile. The reason behind my pangs of regret is the fact that I can no longer depend on the convenience of just signing into one account to handle all my correspondence.

Earlier the plan was to move back to the my old id after a couple a months, but it looks like I'm gonna end up doing it sooner rather later..... For all I know, probably in the week to come...... Talk about weird!!!!

This past week has also lead me to realise that it is a folly, wanting to believe that other people will actually want to find some time in their life for me, I mean why should they? In today's social environment people don't really seem to have any time to relate with people at a personal level, it all ends up being more or less superficial. It is highly unlikely for a friend, or even a family member to call another just to catch up, there always seems to be an ulterior motive for such interactions. Inadvertently making it very difficult for people to connect. Hence, a feeling of stifling loneliness seems to be overshadowing my every step.

The mood of the moment seems to have me believing that behind ever bright Morning lies a darker and longer Night. And, has as usual left me reminiscing the lighter moments of my life, in the shadow of far darker visions......

8 comments:

  1. messing up wid ppl is my favourite passtime.... not really passtime but i always do get into some shit or the other. and as usual i expect them to UNDERSTAND. but yeah, not always can they take my crap! and so cundnt u... my apologies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly speaking, i just can't seem to agree with u. yes, everyone loses touch with some friends, that is inevitable and perfectly normal. but some friends do last, to use a cliche, through thick and thin. i'm really thankful to have made friends like those, and i'm sure you must have too. just that when something goes wrong, people tend to take themselves a little too seriously and things end up seeming worse than they are. so chin up, things are bound to get better.
    p.s.- this is of course my personal opinion, you are free to disagree. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kya ho gayaa yaar? itna senti mat ho... everything becomes ok eventually. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written ...

    I just don't want to say anything to unjustice to the beautifully written blog would just say that it left me speechless.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anunay , one piece of advice for you!!

    Get some confidence in yourself!
    You've got that writing thang in you!! Bring it on......

    I repeat...I loved the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sensations : Lets just say that you don't need to apologise. Now, or ever. I think it were my expectations that weren't soundly grounded.........

    @Memyself_n_i : You don't need to agree with me..... And, nothing did go wrong apart from the fact that I seemed to have too much time on my hands..........

    @Nitish : Nuthin much happening yaar.... Just felt like getting some thoughts out of my system.... Hence, this post.......!

    @Bhavna : Thanks for the appreciation. But, I still don't believe that I am quite as good with words as I am touted to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. u knw how i feel abt this..if u were so hellbent on knwin who'll notice the deletion..u cud have just del all the frnds frm ur list,instead of del ur account..wud have made stuff simpler thn! & u cud have retained that ID as a primary one! nyways,its already done... hope u've lrnt ur lesson!:P

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Monica : I'd been pretty much expecting this...
    Lesson learnt!! Definitely!!!

    ReplyDelete